Rural Health Grants
A hospital's relationship with its community is an integral part of its ability to serve residents and improve their access to healthcare. Since 1995, MultiPlan's Rural Health Outreach Grant Program has awarded over $490,000 to help rural hospitals reach out with programs and services that address the healthcare needs of their communities.
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2015 MultiPlan Rural Health Outreach Grant -
- Penn Highlands Brookville Hospital in Brookville, Pennsylvania. This hospital is a member of Penn Highlands Healthcare. They are designated as a Critical Access Hospital. Penn Highlands Brookville will use the grant money in establishing a new primary health care "Q-Care Clinic," to provide routine comprehensive primary care services in the town of Punxsutawney, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania.
- Howard Memorial Hospital in Nashville, Arkansas. Howard Memorial is a non-profit 25-bed count, Critical Access Hospital in Southwest Arkansas. The money granted to Howard Memorial will go toward funding its new facility which will provide therapy and treat the behavioral health needs of the elderly.
- North Texas Medical Center in Gainesville, Texas. North Texas Medical Center is a 60-bed acute-care hospital, with a total of 25% of the patient population under the age of 18 considered to be living in poverty in Cooke County, where the hospital serves. The hospital will use the money to aid in their new Pediatric Therapy Program.
- Northern Cochise Community Hospital in Willcox, Arizona. This 24 bed inpatient Critical Access Hospital is seeking Pediatric Prepared Emergency Care Certification, making them the only hospital within a 90 mile radius to hold such credentials. They will be using the grant money to purchase equipment for their pediatric facility.
Applying hospitals must meet these requirements to be eligible for a Rural Health Outreach Grant:
- The applicant must be a participating provider of the MultiPlan, PHCS, HealthEOS, Beech Street or Texas True Choice networks.
- The applicant must be a hospital in a rural area with population less than 1,000 persons per square mile.
- The facility must provide acute care.
- The facility must be considered an inpatient hospital.
For more information about the MultiPlan Rural Health Outreach Grant, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.